The Brides Against Breast Cancer Nationwide Tour of Gowns is coming to Weehawken on Saturday, June 28, at Sheraton Lincoln Harbor Hotel. We are thrilled that you are interested in being a part of our volunteer team!
Sheraton Lincoln Harbor Hotel
VIP 'Unveiling of the Gowns' Reception: Saturday, June 28, 2014 - 11:00 am - 1:00 pm
General Sale: Saturday, June 28, 2014 - 1:00 pm - 6:00 pm
You will experience the joy of assisting a new bride as she chooses her "dream gown" while meeting some of the nicest people!
No tickets are required, but registration is necessary to reserve your time slot. Please arrive 5 minutes before for your shift! Upon arrival, please check-in at the volunteer table.
You can also sign up for multiple days and shifts. Feel free to invite your friends, family and co-workers -- even your husbands and boyfriends (we need guys to help with the heavy stuff!).
Where you can help (different times/shifts available & duties will be assigned upon check-in):
1) Greeters - Greet Bride, give layout of floor plan, dressing room rules, point out vendors and outreach tables. (men can help)
2) Registration - Have brides and guests sign in all required information. Introduce greeters and personal shoppers. (men can help)
3) Personal Shoppers - Assist brides in finding the dress of their dreams. Many brides will come alone. You will become their mother, sister, maid of honor, grandmother, and best friend. Once you find 3 dresses to match her style, you will carry dresses to fitting room, and introduce her to the dressing room assistant. (men can help)
4) Dressing Room Assistant - Each assistant will have 3 dressing rooms to manage. You will be responsible for assisting bride in and out of dresses, removing dresses from room and placing them on go back rack, finding alternate dresses for brides. We want the bride to try on all possible dresses prior to exiting. Sales and retail experience a plus. (women only please)
5) Go Back Runner - Responsible for keeping fresh inventory on racks at all times. Also assist the dressing room attendants with dresses. You will become very familiar with inventory. Please ask assistants if they need replacement dresses for the brides. (men can help)
6) Fill-ins - Help with any miscellaneous needs that come up as day progresses. (men can help)
7) Setup - Help with moving in racks, setting up interior displays, and any miscellaneous needs that come up. (men can help)
8) Breakdown - Help with moving out racks, taking down interior displays, and any miscellaneous needs that come up. (men can help)
What to Wear
Each high school, company, &/or other volunteer group are encouraged to wear their own company/school volunteer t-shirts or something PINK. They will also receive a proof of community service hour’s letter from us upon request. If you have been a volunteer for us in the past, please wear your Hope/BABC t-shirt. Don’t forget comfortable shoes! Feel free to wear casual clothes for set up/tear down shifts.
Invite your friends, family and colleagues to join you! We need men too, especially for set up, tear down and to help return gowns to the racks during the sale, so invite your boyfriend, fiancé and brothers to help!
**If you have a student group, team or any other group of 4 people or more and are interested in volunteering, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for available volunteer opportunities. Please make sure to include the Show City in the subject line.
If you have any questions, please e-mail us at email@example.com. Thanks again for all your help and we look forward to seeing you at the sale!
Brides Against Breast Cancer
For more info/to register: http://www.bridesagainstbreastcancer.org/upcoming-shows-2014/weehawken-bridal-show-june-2014/ or call 877-721-HOPE