While power was partially restored in Hoboken on Thursday night, most of Hoboken still woke up in dark, cold apartments on Friday morning.
To find out where restaurants are open, where power has been restored and where to go for a hot cup of coffee, an interactive map has been created.
Multiple hot spots have been set up around town, Duracel is on downtown with a truck filled with batteries. Between Fourth and Tenth on Hudson Street, residents are offering electricity in charging stations for those who are still without power.
Multiple businesses on Washington opened up as of Thursday:
- Hot meals are being served at the Elks Lodge
- Food trucks are serving free meals in Church Square Park
- A mobile Bank of America ATM is located at Bloomfield and Observer
- Karma Kafe on Washington Street has been open throughout most of Sandy's aftermath, selling $1 coffees outside.
- The downtown CVS had its power restored on Thursday night, which means the store will have working credit card machines as well as an ATM.
- Mamoun's Falafel is serving a limited menu
- Aspen Market on Third and Washington is open
- Cornerstone Pets is open
- Natural Plus, across from City Hall, is open
- Margarita's, Napoli, Vito's Deli, Benny Tudino's are all open. (note that Benny Tudino's ran out of pizza earlier in the week)
- Amanda's served free food on Thursday
- Uptown bodegas on 11th Street are open
- A&P is open
- Court Street never lost power and is open
- The Brass Rail is running on a back up generator and is serving food and drinks
- Sunshine Deli on Third and Garden is open
- CKO Fitness is opening its doors to all Hobokenites at 900 Madison St.
- Cork City is open
- Stacks is open
- McDonalds is open
- The Wicked Wolf is open and $1 of every soup and wrap will be donated
- Black Bear is open
- Sparrow Wine and Spirits is open
Please help your fellow Hobokenites and add open businesses in our comment section below. We will be updating this list as more information comes in.