Make the best of August by spending time with your family all weekend long and you can start by checking out our family weekend planner which is full of events for you and your kids.
- Bolivian Festival for the Family - Looking for a cultural event that is perfect for the whole family? Check out the Bolivian Festival at City Hall and Exchange Place in Jersey City this Saturday for a parade and festival running from 12-9 p.m. Catch the parade at City Hall and then head to Exchange Place for the festival full of cultural food, dance and fun. This event is free.
- Starfish Concert in Bryant Park - Looking for some family entertainment? Head to Bryant Park on Saturday for the Starfish Concert which features the musical stylings of the kid-friendly band, Starfish. From 12-1 p.m. you and your kids will sing and dance along to the Starfish Stomp and other great songs in the Reading Room in the park which is located near 42nd street and 6th avenue underneath the trees and umbrellas.
- Discovery in the Park - Do you have a little explorer on your hands? If your child is into discovery and nature, take him or her to the weekend family program at the Brooklyn Bridge Park to discover the mystery behind plants and trees with educational and fun activities. Your kids will learn all about the different types of trees within the park and what each one tells us about the earth and our history. This event is on Main Street and Pier 1 within the park and there are two different sessions, one from 12-2p.m., the other is from 4-6 p.m.
- Ecuadoran Festival - Couldn't make the festival on Saturday? How about another one on Sunday! Head to Jersey City for the Ecuadoran Festival which will feature music and dance performances, food and various vendors that are sure to be selling plenty of fun goodies for you and your kids. The festival is being held at the Exchange Place Plaza and is from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- All Day Kids Events - Your family's weekend won't be complete until you head to the Brooklyn Children's Museum for plenty of great events this Sunday! Sample different flavors and learn the history of ice cream in the morning, get to know the creatures of the sea with a live animal meet-and-greet in the afternoon and don't forget to stick around for Kitchen Chemistry: Cool-inary Creations, the class which will teach your kids how to make delicious summer treats to help beat the heat. The first event begins at 11:30 a.m., the second at noon and the third at 1:30 p.m. Check out all of the events here and decide which are right for you and your kids!