While Carlo's City Hall Bake Shop has gained worldwide fame in recent years, the downtown has always been a local favorite. It produces exquisite wedding and special occasion cakes in all shapes and sizes. The pastries and lobster tails melt in your mouth. Expect to wait in line for at least 10 minutes, but much longer during school breaks or around the holidays, as the line has recently been wrapping around the corner.
Carlo's is now famous for the television show "Cake Boss," staring Buddy Valastro. But there's more than one cook in this kitchen. The bake shop was originally opened by Carlo Guastaffero in 1910 and later bought by Bartolo Valastro Sr. in 1964. Bartolo passed away in 1994, but his wife and children have helped the business explode on the international scene.
- Fax: 201-659-5779
- Hours: Mon - Sat, 7am - 7:30pm; Sun, 7am - 5:30pm
- Handicap Accessible: No
- Payments accepted: Cash, Debit Card, MasterCard, Visa
- General services: Delivery, Eat-in, Phone orders, Prepared foods, Take-out
- Specialties: Cakes
- ATM: No
- Parking: On-street: metered
- What makes this community special?: The diversity.
- Top 10 menu items, or signature dishes: Wedding cakes, pastries