Open since 1978, Maxwell's has a rich history as a music venue and entertainment spot in Hoboken. Well-known bands, most notably Yo La Tengo, got their start here, and surprise visits from big names like Sonic Youth are a common occurrence. There are still live performances every evening in the back room, which has layered standing bleachers that give a good view of the bands. The ambience at Maxwell's is comfortable and the service is friendly, making this as good a place to stop by for a drink as it is to take in the latest indie act. Tickets may be ordered online, and on-site private parties (lounge or back room) can be accommodated with advance notice.
- Hours: Check website for showtimes
- Handicap Accessible: There is a ramp on the side.
- ATM: Yes
- Cover charge: Yes
- Dress code: Casual
- Features: Coat check, Dance floor, Live music, Private parties
- Payments accepted: American Express, Cash, Debit Card, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Parking: On-street: free, On-street: metered
- Buy tickets online [link]: www.maxwellsnj.com/
- Food/drink: Yes
- Alcohol served: Yes
- Bar type: Live Music, Lounge
- Private parties: Yes
- Music specialties: Rock
- Which performer or group that has visited the venue is the most interesting or memorable?: Yo La Tengo, Sonic Youth