Zack's Oak Bar & Restaurant
Opened in 1996, Zack's is a neighborhood spot, with friendly bartenders that know the regulars on a first name basis. The corner bar has large windows overlooking Willow Avenue. The quieter, more private dining room is in the back of the restaurant. Black and white photos of Hoboken line the walls. Beers on tap include Arrogant Bastard, Defiant (a microbrew from upstate New York), Palm, Chimay, Blue Moon, Stella Artois and more. Owner Gerry Farelly has been in Hoboken for years, since moving here from Dublin.
- Hours: Mon - Wed, 11am - 10pm; Thu, Fri, 11am - 11pm; Sat, 10am - 11pm; Sun, 10am - 10pm. The bar is open on Mon - Thu, Sun, till 2pm and Fri, Sat, till 3am.
- Handicap Accessible: No
- Payments accepted: American Express, Cash, Debit Card, MasterCard, Visa
- Food & dining options: Low calorie, Vegetarian
- General services: Eat-in, Phone orders, Take-out
- Specialties: Stuffed chicken, burgers, warm lentil salad
- ATM: No
- Parking: On-street: free, On-street: metered
- What makes this community special?: Knowing your neighbors. It's a safe town, everyone knows each other and you can walk everywhere.
- Cuisine: American, Burgers, Seafood
- Price level: $$
- Reservations: Accepted
- Executive chef: Ronnie Kwok
- Number of tables: 17
- Features: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor seating, Private Parties
- Atmosphere: Bar Scene, Fun
- Cover charge: No
- Features: Outdoor seating, Private parties
- Bar type: Neighborhood pub
- Bar Specialties: Beer, Scotch